U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock
Republican U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock has decided to forgo a run for Illinois governor and instead seek re-election to Congress, the three-term congressman’s campaign manager said Thursday.
The House Ethics Committee says it will continue an investigation into U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock over allegations the Illinois Republican sought donations of more than $5,000 per donor to a super political action committee.
As discussions swirl about who will run for governor next year, one big question is: should Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan choose to challenge Gov. Pat Quinn, will her father, House Speaker Mike Madigan, step down to avoid a possible conflict of interest?
President Barack Obama was on his way back to Washington, D.C., on Wednesday afternoon, for the first time since his stunning Election Day victory earned him four more years in office.
Two of the Republican Party’s biggest stars were shining in Tampa on Wednesday, at the second full day of festivities for the Republican National convention.
Illinois has evolved into a “blue state,” but there are still plenty of Republicans – and plenty of opinions on how to rebuild the party.
Want to know if high-speed rail plays in Peoria? It depends on which Peorian you ask.
Several members of Illinois’ congressional delegation has come out in opposition to two anti-piracy bills – the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and Protect IP Act (PIPA) – which are losing support from many members of Congress.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!