U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky
Two Chicago area residents have received invitations to attend President Obama’s State of the Union address, for markedly different reasons.
Carolyn Murray was invited to the State of the Union by U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill).
Democrats in the northwest suburbs are trying to prod more voters into casting ballots early, even though there are already many in line.
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney made a crack about the purported Chicago tradition of voting early and often Friday, as he campaigned at a restaurant in Rosemont.
Pro-choice advocates packed a Loop auditorium Friday to push back against restrictions to the availability of birth control.
Hundreds of people filled Chicago Temple for a “Move the Money” town hall meeting Thursday night, and then marched to LaSalle and Jackson Streets, to join and show support for Occupy Chicago protesters.
Three Illinois members of Congress held a hearing in Chicago Friday on their effort to repeal the federal Defense of Marriage Act, which they call blatantly discriminatory.
U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) is predicting there will be no government default on its bill, and that the debt ceiling will be lifted in return for some cuts.
A popular procedure for women to tame frizzy hair is getting some push back from members of Congress, including U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.)
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!