U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh
Five days before the election, Republican Congressman Joe Walsh said his Democratic opponent, Tammy Duckworth, needs to come clean about her treatment of two state workers when she headed the Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs. But Duckworth said she is “disgusted” that Walsh has been trying to use veterans’ issues for political gain.
Republican Congressman Joe Walsh’s son on Tuesday pleaded with his father’s Democratic challenger, Tammy Duckworth, to pull campaign ads accusing his father of being a deadbeat dad, calling the ads “hurtful” and “untrue.”
Democratic Congressional candidate Tammy Duckworth is hoping federally funded road construction projects — and some suburban mayors who might not support her — can help her score some points against Republican incumbent Joe Walsh in the 8th Congressional District.
A third debate between candidates in one of the most-watched congressional races devolved into name calling as Republican Congressman Joe Walsh labeled Democrat Tammy Duckworth a “failed bureaucrat” and she called him a tea party servant.
Congressman Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) said Tuesday that the recent arrest of a Muslim teenager from Hillside for allegedly plotting to detonate a car bomb outside a downtown bar proves his point about radical Islam is a real threat that exists in the Chicago suburbs.
With the Colorodo movie theater shooting massacre still fresh on the minds of the public and elected officials, U.S. Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Ill.) was urging lawmakers on Tuesday to have a serious discussion about possible new gun control laws.
Republican Congressman Joe Walsh isn’t apologizing for his statement that Democratic rival Tammy Duckworth seems to talk too much about her military service record.
Two Chicago area Congressmen sit on the committee that voted to find U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress. One voted in favor of the contempt citation, while the other against it.
In the 8th Congressional District – in the northern suburbs in Lake, McHenry and Cook counties – promises to have one of the most watched races of the 2012 Congressional elections.
Several members of Illinois’ congressional delegation has come out in opposition to two anti-piracy bills – the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and Protect IP Act (PIPA) – which are losing support from many members of Congress.
Tea Party star U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) says he will run for reelection next year in the redrawn 8th District, rather than end up in a primary fight against a fellow Republican.
After weighing U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh’s brazen boycott of President Obama’s jobs speech Thursday, CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson says the gesture is consistent with American dissent.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!