Commuters should notice some improvement in air quality as they board Metra and Amtrak trains at Union Station.
From art to cover bands, you can celebrate spring at numerous festivals in Chicago. Grab your friends and get ready for a fun weekend with these upcoming events.
A northwest suburban Bartlett man was ordered held in lieu of $350,000 bail Sunday after he was accused of stabbing a Metra police officer three times in the leg Saturday.
Union Station is now being recognized as one the city’s true architectural gems.
Gov. Pat Quinn is calling for a federal investigation of Chicago-based Megabus.
Megabus has reportedly agreed to pay more than $5 million to settle a lawsuit stemming from another deadly accident in Chicago.
A 76-year-old woman has died after she was hit by a Megabus near her West Loop home, not far from Union Station.
It could be commuter chaos downtown Wednesday morning, following a water main break near Union Station.
Thousands of people jammed Chicago Union Station Saturday — but not because they needed to go somewhere. It was the fifth annual National Train Day. Many, such as 12-year-old Kevin Mack, were self-described “railfans” or “train geeks.”
Aurora Police are asking the public for help is locating a missing 79-year-old woman from the west suburb who was last seen on Chicago’s South Side.
A freight train derailment in Indiana caused some travel trouble for people headed to Chicago on Tuesday.
Imagine getting off your morning train to work, only to find out you’ve suddenly become a millionaire.
A smoky fire started above the train tracks at Union Station Saturday afternoon.
Hundreds of people crowded into Union Station Thursday night, but they weren’t waiting for a train.
High-speed rail service has arrived in Chicago.
A few of the 1,300 United Airlines employees relocating to Chicago got the chance Wednesday to tell Mayor Rahm Emanuel what they do and don’t like about their new home.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin said Monday he hopes the owner of the Old Post Office building is going to make good on his word to help vent harmful exhaust fumes from Union Station, located just below the building.
Irritated commuters rushed Tuesday to buy Metra tickets before fare hikes averaging 25 percent go into effect Wednesday, but they couldn’t buy more than a month’s worth of discounted 10-ride passes, thanks to a Metra policy designed to prevent stockpiling.
Metra is apologizing to riders a day after signal problems forced Union Station commuters to experience lengthy delays, crowded conditions and communication issues.
Metra trains were delayed up to 45 minutes Monday night because of a switching problem near a Downtown station.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 3 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 3 hours ago