The Cook County Medical Examiner announced Friday that an autopsy of a poisoned lottery winner shed no new light on how cyanide got into his system.
Several months before authorities believe he was fatally poisoned, North Side businessman and lottery winner Urooj Khan signed an agreement saying his interest in a dry cleaning operation would go to his wife in the event of his death.
The remains of Urooj Khan were reinterred Monday following an autopsy of the North Side man who died from cyanide poisoning after winning a $1 million lottery jackpot.
An autopsy was conducted Friday on the body of a lottery winner who died from cyanide poisoning last year, after his body was exhumed for further testing, but the results of those tests won’t be completed for a few weeks.
Authorities expect to begin the exhumation of the remains of poisoned lottery winner Urooj Khan about 7 a.m. Friday, a source told the Sun-Times Thursday.
A Cook County judge has given authorities permission to exhume the body of a man who died from cyanide poisoning last July, less than a month after winning a $1 million jackpot in an instant Lottery game.
A new twist in the death of a million dollar lottery winner.
It’s a fascinating mystery, with more questions than answers. Authorities have been trying to determine who poisoned a man who died days after winning a $1 million jackpot in a lottery instant game.
Investigators have been trying to determine how a 46-year-old man who won $1 million on an instant lottery game last summer ended up dying from cyanide poisoning.
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.138
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.136
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!