A bill to toughen penalties on those who use social media to organize violent flash mobs has been signed by Gov Pat Quinn.
Governor Quinn still isn’t saying whether he’ll sign the medical marijuana bill, reports WBBM’s Veronica Carter.
An Englewood man who spends his time fighting gang violence has had another relative murdered and he’s asking that there be no retaliation, reports WBBM’s Veronica Carter.
Much like 9-11, the terror strike at the Boston Marathon has caused a lot of anxiety, with people worrying their city could be next.
High schoolers everywhere are getting ready for prom, but at most high schools, special needs students get left out every year. That’s not the case at Waukegan High School.
Frances Cardinal George greeted each and every parishioner, and says he has gotten a chance to rest up since he came back from Rome. He says he’s pleased with the choice they made, saying they needed someone humble with a lot of vigor.
The workers who take care of the sewer system for more than 100,000 people in Chicago Heights, Homewood, Steger and Crete are on strike.
Some school buses in Oswego will soon be online, reports WBBM’s Veronica Carter.
65 year old Sharon Balleu is suing the Village of Melrose Park because of her missing dog.
CTA and Pace customers who sign up for a prepaid debit card account under the agencies’ new Ventra fare card system later this year would face a bevy of fees and other charges tied to their accounts.
An invite to the White House Easter Egg Roll for the mother and brother of a teen killed in January near the Obama’s home in Chicago.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!