Nobody wins if a rushed rehabilitation brings complications and unforeseen risks – not the franchise, not Rose, not even all-powerful Adidas and the glitzy commercial serial they are filming along the way.
Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers showed how dangerous they can be when they’re at full strength Saturday night, overwhelming the Minnesota Vikings 24-10 in an NFC wild-card game that was never really close.
Slam. Click. That’s the Bears’ much-discussed championship window, closed and locked. Sealed until further notice.
The Bears travel up to Minnesota for an important conference game against the Vikings.
The Bears could not have afforded a loss to a divisional opponent, especially not at home, and with Jay Cutler returning to action.
Here are Jeff Joniak’s “Keys to the Game” for the Bears as Chicago tries to end a two-game losing streak.
he Heisman Trophy winner rallied his team from an early hole, ran for 138 yards and threw for 182 on Sunday in a 38-26 victory that snapped the Vikings’ three-game winning streak as well as the Redskins eight-game run of futility at home.
Curious about the way that people in different parts of the country stereotype one another, venture capitalist and blogger Renee DiResta recently conducted an informal survey using Google’s quirky autocomplete function.
Never again do I want to have another leaflet-passer on the corner look me in the eye, grin vacantly and say “Jesus loves you.”
Lovie Smith does appear to have his own supply of paper towels, though, that he’s been able to pull out of the supply closet, to unroll as needed to mop up the pessimism (and who would engage in that, dare I ask?) and keep his team from slipping into the abyss.
Dan and Terry are at Heroes West in Joliet today for the Who Needs 2 Tavern Tour, stop by for your chance to win tickets courtesy of Bud Light! They’ll have plenty of Bears/Vikings preview […]
Seven months after the Metrodome’s ceiling collapsed in a snowstorm, forcing the Vikings to play their final two home games last season elsewhere, the new roof has been raised in plenty of time for the first preseason game.
The president of the sports and entertainment company seeking to build an NFL stadium in downtown Los Angeles says he’s spoken to officials from five pro football franchises about a possible move.
Officials in a Twin Cities suburb said Tuesday they have reached an agreement with the Minnesota Vikings to lure the NFL team away from their longtime home in Minneapolis with a retractable-roof stadium built on a Superfund site.
Minneapolis wants to keep the Vikings, and they want to keep them in downtown Minneapolis. In order to ensure that that happens, officials are proposing an offer to pay more than 20% of the cost of a new stadium.
Gov. Mark Dayton said Friday he met privately with Minnesota Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf to discuss state funding of a new football stadium, and that he hoped a site would be picked soon as the list of possibilities narrowed to two.
Former Packers, Jets and Vikings quarterback Brett Favre says he could return to football as a coach or a television analyst, although he has no plans to enter either field anytime soon.
The Minnesota Vikings have selected Notre Dame tight end Kyle Rudolph with their second round pick in the NFL draft.
In a year in which the Bears are scheduled to travel to London for their first-ever regular season game across the pond, the team opens at home against Atlanta.
The Metrodome’s roof collapsed under the weight of a snow storm just over a week before the Chicago Bears were scheduled to play there on Monday night. Since then it’s been clear that the Vikings need a new stadium.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!