For the second day in a row, Michigan Avenue was shut down near the bridge over the Chicago River, as police investigated a suspicious device.
A taxicab driver was hospitalized Thursday morning after the cab he was driving struck a Chicago Fire Department truck at Michigan Avenue and Wacker Drive.
Chicago Department of Transportation Commissioner Gabe Klein said the mile-long two-way protected bike lane on Dearborn Street, stretching from Wacker Drive to Polk Street, is the nation’s first protected bike lane through a central business district.
According to dispatch reports a backup generator backfired and shattered a window.
After several years of re-construction, the north-south section of upper Wacker Drive opened to traffic in downtown Chicago this morning. Lower Wacker will re-open to traffic early this afternoon.
There’s good news for downtown Chicago drivers: The lengthy Wacker Drive reconstruction project is almost finished.
A pedestrian was hospitalized Thursday morning, after being hit by a taxi downtown.
A boater helped rescue a man in the Chicago River on Wednesday afternoon in the Loop.
The final leg of the Wacker Drive reconstruction project begins this week, and the intersection with Jackson Boulevard alongside the Willis Tower has closed.
Federal prosecutors have set their sights on one of the biggest fish ever, a huge and well-known construction firm with plenty of clout.
About a year and a half after it began, the work to rebuild about half of Wacker Drive has shifted south.
The Wacker Drive reconstruction project is kicking into its next phase next week.
A landmark downtown building could be undergoing major changes.
Motorists and pedestrians on Wacker Drive Tuesday will be subjected to a ghastly sight that has nothing to do with Halloween.
Traffic was snagged at Lower Wacker Drive and Michigan Avenue downtown Thursday morning, as a gas leak erupted in a ComEd vault.
Police said a bomb threat near Ogilvie Transportation Center on Monday was unfounded.
A couple dozen protesters stood outside United Airlines’ Chicago offices on Sunday to demand that United do more for the city.
The search continued Tuesday for a gunman who shot a man at the State Street Bridge during the afternoon rush on Monday. CBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot spoke with the 29-year-old man’s wife on Tuesday. She said her husband was resting and trying to recover.
A man was found seriously injured in the predawn hours Tuesday on a ramp between Upper and Lower Wacker Drive, after apparently falling from a bridge.
A man was shot in the head on the State Street bridge near the Loop Monday evening but survived and was able to talk with police, who searched for the gunman.
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.110
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!