A 38-year-old man and his 12-year-old son were wounded in a shooting Saturday morning in the South Side Washington Park neighborhood.
Two men have been charged early Tuesday in connection to the shooting death of a 28-year-old man on the South Side that sparked a police chase on the Dan Ryan Expressway, authorities said.
Chrystal Kyles stood in the cold in the middle of East 51st Street on Sunday night and tried to comfort her grieving family as they grappled with the news that Chicago’s ongoing gun violence had finally touched their home.
A 28-year-old man was shot dead on the South Side Sunday night and police said they were questioning two suspects after they allegedly tried fleeing on the Dan Ryan Expressway and crashed.
A man attempting to stop a fight between a married couple was stabbed to death, another man was found shot dead in a backyard and at least ten other people — including two teenage girls and a CTA passenger shot by police — were wounded by gunfire since the start of the Thanksgiving weekend.
One man was killed and another wounded in a Washington Park neighborhood shooting Wednesday night on the South Side, police said.
In another night of violence on Chicago’s South Side, five men were shot in one location.
A 17-year old girl is free and safe, after escaping from an East St. Louis area home where she was allegedly held captive for more than two years.
Police are looking for a group of males who robbed people at gunpoint last week in a series of incidents in the the Grand Boulevard and Washington Park neighborhoods.
Violence has become not just a problem for Chicago’s most dangerous areas, but the adjoining neighborhoods as well.
Record high temperatures in Chicago on Monday made it another perfect day to be at any of Chicago’s beaches.
Police are sounding the alarm about a sharp rise in robberies along State Street on the city’s South Side.
Police have issued a community alert about a rash of robberies on the city’s South Side.
A teenage boy is dead, and three other boys and men were wounded, after a gunman opened fire in an apartment building in the Washington Park neighborhood.
Police continue to search for a gunman who shot and killed a teenager in the Washington Park neighborhood overnight.
A grammar school student has been charged with murder in Monday night’s gang-related shooting death of a 17-year-old in the Washington Park neighborhood on the South Side.
A back to school rally on Monday attracted thousands of people in Washington Park.
For many out celebrating on Monday, the unexpectedly cold temperatures made this Labor Day seem much more like an official end to summer.
A woman whose body was found in a vacant lot near Washington Park over the weekend was strangled, an autopsy determined on Monday.
It was a violent night across Chicago overnight, with at least seven people shot and wounded from the South Chicago to River North.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!