The number of people killed or wounded over the last few days added up to the single-most violent weekend in Chicago this year. Those killed ranged in age from 16 to 40.
Two people were killed and at least 17 others were hurt in shootings across the city since Friday afternoon, including two people shot when gunfire erupted near a passing ambulance — forcing paramedics to take cover and call for help.
Five people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.
Three people have been killed and at least 11 wounded in acts of violence throughout the city since Friday, police said.
At least nine people were wounded in gun violence throughout the city over the weekend, including three men who were shot at the same time in the West Englewood neighborhood early Monday.
The teen was shot about 2 p.m. in the 6400 block of South Claremont Avenue in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
Two men are dead and at least another 12 were wounded from acts of violence this weekend throughout the city, from the South and Southwest side to Humboldt Park to Rogers Park.
One man was beaten to death at a CTA station, a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot and at least 15 other people were wounded in separate acts of violence across the city this weekend.
One man is dead and at least two other people were wounded in weekend gun violence in Chicago.
Two men were killed and at least five other people were wounded in weekend gun violence in Chicago.
Nine people have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night, police said.
Chrystal Kyles stood in the cold in the middle of East 51st Street on Sunday night and tried to comfort her grieving family as they grappled with the news that Chicago’s ongoing gun violence had finally touched their home.
Two men are dead and at least six others wounded from gun violence in Chicago since Friday evening.
One man is dead and at least 15 people wounded from shootings throughout the city between Friday evening and Sunday morning.
At least eight people have been wounded in shootings on the city’s South and West sides between Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.
Two men were killed and at least 17 others were wounded in gun violence across the city since early Saturday — including seven shootings concentrated in a span of just three hours.
Two men were killed and at least 11 others were wounded in gun violence across the city since early Saturday — including seven shootings concentrated in a span of just three hours.
Two men were killed and at least six other people were wounded in gun violence across the city since early Saturday. Seven of the shootings took place in the span of about three hours.
Three men are dead and at least 13 people were wounded in separate shootings in Chicago from Friday night through Sunday.
At least eight people were wounded in shootings in Chicago from Friday night through early Saturday.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!