Like the hole itself, it grew into a bigger job than first thought. Tonight, the hole is bigger than ever, the sewer smell worse than ever, and the residents are being told it will take at least a couple more weeks.
A male driver crashed into a garage on the South Side after being shot in the chest early Friday.
A West Pullman teen has been charged with the slaying more than a year ago of a man outside a South Side nightclub.
Gunfire erupted in the West Pullman neighborhood Wednesday night, killing one man while leaving his younger brother with a gunshot wound to the leg.
One man was killed and another seriously hurt in a shooting in the West Pullman neighborhood on the Far South Side Wednesday night, police said
One person was seriously injured during a fire early Friday that left seven people displaced from their home in the West Pullman neighborhood on the South Side.
Nine people have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night, police said.
A teen was shot in a West Pullman neighborhood alley Sunday afternoon.
A man was shot and killed while driving in the West Pullman neighborhood Wednesday on the South Side.
A man and woman were critically injured in a West Pullman shooting Tuesday night on the Far South Side.
The widow of one of the two people shot to death in the West Pullman neighborhood on Tuesday said she won’t rest until police catch the person who killed her husband.
Two people are dead, and at least two others are wounded, after a drive-by shooting in the West Pullman neighborhood early Tuesday.
It was another violent start to the weekend on Chicago streets, with one man dead and at least six others injured in a series of shootings.
Five men have been killed and at least 23 people were wounded in gun violence on the city’s streets from Friday night to Sunday night.
Four men have been killed and at least 20 people were wounded in gun violence on the city’s streets from Friday night to early Sunday.
Three men have been killed, and at least eight more have been wounded, by gunfire in Chicago since Friday night.
Two people are dead, and six others have been injured, in shootings so far this weekend.
At least six people were killed and 36 others were wounded in separate shootings across Chicago late Friday into Sunday morning, authorities said.
Two men were killed and at least 17 others were wounded in shootings across Chicago late Friday into early Saturday.
Five people were shot to death between Thursday night and early Friday morning in the city of Chicago, including two men whose bodies were found outside a South Deering neighborhood car wash.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!