Did 2012 break you, too? Did it stomp you into the little, wretched human being your mother always claimed you’d turn into? Just shake it off, buddy. Seriously, everyone has a bad day… week… year… every once in awhile. It happens. All you need to do is blow off some steam. Here’s how you can do that on NYE…
Tomorrow Never Knows 2012! The fourth annual iteration of this multi-venue festival finds Schuba’s, Lincoln Hall, and the Metro hosting a bevy of local talent as well as a few special visitors. We’ve summed up all the dirty details of the event – who’s playing where, which bands are competing for your time, and whether or not there’s enough happening to warrant the full five-day pass (almost certainly).
I am a vile human being. The vilest..est… I’m a shoe gazer. The guy at a show that stands in the back, not moving; a statue that wards lovers of things like dancing, music, and fun, far, far away. Are you like me? Well, don’t fret, friend. There IS a place for us.
Here’s a preview of what your ears should expect while exploring Grant Park this June and July. All the music at Taste of Chicago in one easy to read article.
Don’t just make any excuse to leave the house on June 4th and 5th, make a great excuse and visit Do-Division Street Fest & Sidewalk Sale for great music, food and trinkets.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!