A man who has served at least two stints in prison and who was arrested last fall and charged with burglary is in trouble yet again, this time for allegedly shoplifting more than $600 worth of merchandise from a supermarket in far west-central Naperville.
On Thursday, the entire Illinois congressional delegation and Gov. Quinn asked President Obama for federal flood-relief funds.
Donald Walsh was initially charged with domestic battery and aggravated domestic battery in July after Mokena police arrested him for allegedly beating his ex-girlfriend at her home. This week, a Will County grand jury indicted Walsh on a residential burglary charge, for which he was arraigned on Friday.
A Beecher man sent to prison for killing his father got a second chance at a trial, but might never face a judge or jury again.
A third woman filed a lawsuit this week alleging a Frankfort pediatrician fondled her and asked her inappropriate questions about her sex life during office visits.
Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow is among those expected to speak at a weekend summit sponsored by the Illinois State Crime Commission.
Will County sheriff’s police are looking for three men who forced a 70-year-old Frankfort Square woman into a car at gunpoint and drove around trying to withdraw money with her ATM card.
Joseph Polito confessed a lifelong addiction to porn in November, seven months after the Chicago Sun-Times revealed he regularly looked at a variety of websites during work hours in 2010 and 2011.
Federal authorities were investigating the cause of a fatal plane crash near Joliet on Tuesday.
A Will County judge who secretly viewed hard-core pornography on his courthouse computer fought back tears Thursday as he confessed he’d been addicted to porn since he was a little boy.
Will County Forest Preserve Police burned more than 400 marijuana plants Saturday morning after a hidden field of the illegal crop was discovered the previous week.
A Troy Township Democratic committeewoman has been arrested for allegedly having sex with a teenage boy.
A Will County jury found Vernon McCormick of Lockport guilty in July of the Jan. 3, 2011, murder of Deonte Lesley.
An argument between brothers left one dead and the other facing murder charges early Saturday in unincorporated Will County near Lockport.
With Drew Peterson convicted of murdering his third wife – will the prosecutors in Will County try to convict him for the murder of his fourth wife – even if there’s no body?
The jurors in the Drew Peterson trial asked the judge what “unanimous” meant Thursday afternoon as they continued their deliberations.
A new report says heroin deaths in Lake and Will Counties have doubled over the last six years.
The prosecution has rested its case in the Drew Peterson’s murder trial.
The Drew Peterson trial has wrapped for the week.
The Joliet trial of an Illinois man accused of killing his wife and three children has continued with testimony from the woman’s father and sister.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!