The metal on Zac Vawter’s bionic leg gleamed as he climbed the 103 floors of Chicago’s iconic Willis Tower, becoming the first person ever to complete the task wearing a mind-controlled prosthetic limb.
U.S. Senator Mark Kirk was met with hugs and cheers as he reached the finish line of a popular stair climbing event at the Willis Tower.
Hundreds of people will be taking part in a charity climb to the top of the Willis Tower Sunday, but all eyes will be on one man.
Strong winds forced officials at the Willis Tower to close its Sky Deck Wednesday, but the observation deck on the 94th floor of the Hancock remained open for business.
Strong winds forced officials at the Willis Tower to close its Skydeck for the day on Tuesday, but the observation deck on the 94th floor of the John Hancock Center remained open for business.
United Airlines headquarters will soon be contained within one iconic Chicago address.
Headline: Sears Extremists Fly Plane Into Willis Tower. To the satirical newspaper “The Onion”, that’s comedy–the kind their writers have been doing for decades. However, many people believe any humor about the tragedy of Sept. 11 crosses the line.
The tallest building in the Western Hemisphere is celebrating the third anniversary of its popular “Ledge.”
It appears Chicago’s Willis Tower may be holding onto its title of the nation’s tallest building.
Depending on how you figure, the Willis Tower could be about to lose bragging rights as the nation’s tallest building once the skyscraper at New York’s Ground Zero is completed.
Chicago locals enjoy hosting out-of-town friends and families. They get to show off the artistic side of this exciting city. Here are some of the unforgettable works of art in Chicago that can’t be missed on the next visit.
Something that happened over downtown Chicago Thursday morning is confirmation that the fear of another 9/11 is never far from people’s minds.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Wednesday he’s evaluating plans to shave up to 12 minutes off CTA travel times between downtown and O’Hare Airport and Midway Airports, a goal he views as more attainable than his predecessor’s dream of an express train to O’Hare.
A few of the 1,300 United Airlines employees relocating to Chicago got the chance Wednesday to tell Mayor Rahm Emanuel what they do and don’t like about their new home.
The Willis Tower is tall! Just… you know… so you know. Why not take a trip up to its Skydeck to get a real grasp of how big this behemoth building is?
There just ain’t no other place like Chicago. (Don’t judge my grammar now, I’m on a roll here.) We’re radicool (made that word up, sweet, right?), and here are five great movies that recognize that.
A look back at the September 11th attacks includes a look up in Chicago to the Willis Tower. The Chicago icon was among those eventually named as a potential terror target.
Starting Wednesday, downtown Chicago is being transformed into Metropolis, and the Chicago Board of Trade and the Willis Tower reportedly will serve as the offices of the Daily Planet.
A 19-year-old southwest suburban Lemont woman who told a Willis Tower security officer her companion “had a bomb’’ was arrested Thursday in the Loop, police said.
Are you from the far flung reaches of Chicago’s suburbs and, like me, afraid to take the Metra? It’s okay, you can admit it, the Metra confuses me too. Don’t worry though! We’ll figure that giant, metal, moving monster out together!
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!