You’ve been to Big Star for awesome tacos and other Mexican dishes, now swing by the Wicker Park joint for champurrado, a warming chocolate drink. CBSChicago.com recently caught up with Justin Large, chef de cuisine at Big Star, to learn how to make the drink at home.
Some slightly colder air should be moving into Chicago for the weekend, but, for the most part, this has been one of Illinois’ warmest winters ever.
In winter, low humidity outdoors combined with dry indoor heat robs skin of moisture. CBS 2′s Mary Kay Kleist offers some tips to beat the season.
City officials say they have been been able to get by with spreading much less salt on streets this winter than last thanks to milder temperatures and less snow.
If this winter is anything like the snowbound, blizzard bonanza we’ve had in year’s past, we may all need to travel by Siberian Husky powered dog sleds before spring! Our family has had four huskies/husky mixes over the years and they are wonderful family dogs. There’s something to be said for curling up by the fire with a pack of big, furry dogs, to keep warm on those three-dog nights.
Here are snowfall totals, reported to the National Weather Service, at 4 p.m. on January 20, 2012.
There hasn’t been much snow on Illinois roads this winter, but the state has a whole lot of snow plows and has been paying hundreds of seasonal plow drivers thousands of dollars a month.
When we want to avoid dinnertime battles with the kids and still serve up the most nutritious vegetables readily and affordably available during these winter months in Chicago, we turn to the following tried and true recipes. Read on with an open mind and you might be surprised by what the little ones (and you!) will love!
Residents may be enjoying the mild weather so far this winter, but it’s not so nice for some businesses. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
‘Tis the season for ice skating. Chicago’s winter is here to stay. Well, for a few long months anyway, so get out and enjoy it. There are a plethora of outdoor rinks (10 to be exact) within the city limits, open November 28th-February 28th. Here are the three best!
Brrrr. It’s getting colder out there, and the trek to the whiskey cabinet is a lot closer than your local watering hole. But most people make a crummy Manhattan, and drinking it under blankets with slippers can only happen so many times in a row before cabin fever hits. If you want to have some fun without freezing your buns, check out these very literal winter hot spots.
If you are like me, you are racking your brain about what to don for New Year’s Eve. One of the biggest nights of holiday fashion is of course New Year’s Eve. You can celebrate this night in the most casual of intimate affairs to the most dashingly dapper social events!
It’s the day after Christmas, but it seems like someone forgot to tell Old Man Winter, because neither snow nor temperatures see to be falling. He must have hit the snooze button when winter officially started a few days ago, because the weather has been more like autumn.
City officials want Chicagoans to know they are ready for snow, even if the snow isn’t yet ready to fall.
Winter officially begins later Wednesday, but the Chicago area has a thick soup of fog in lieu of the usual snow and bitter winds.
I have personally spent years figuring out ways to stay fashionable in the snow and slush and I would like to share my following finds and recommendations!
We could have had a lot of snow Wednesday, but we had all-day rain showers instead, making what is already the third wettest year in Chicago on record a little wetter still.
Rockit Bar & Grill, one of my favorite stomping grounds, has this holiday tradition down. I caught up with Josh Hauer, General Manager and Operating Partner at both Rockit Bar & Grill locations (River North and Wrigleyville) to chat about how Rockit celebrates the holidays…
It came two and a half weeks later than average, but on Friday morning the inevitable happened.
The City of Chicago says it’s ready for the worst when it comes to winter weather.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!