Opponents of the Chicago public schools closing plan are taking the gloves off…in the streets and in the courts. CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports.
Six-month-old Jonylah Watkins died after she was shot multiple times Monday afternoon in the Woodlawn neighborhood as dad Jonathan Watkins, a reputed gang member, was changing her diaper in a minivan.
A 6-month-old girl died Tuesday morning, hours after she and her father were shot multiple times while he was changing her diaper in the family van in the Woodlawn neighborhood — a crime the mayor described as “a senseless, despicable act.”
It happened in the 6300 block of South Evans, in the city’s Woodlawn neighborhood.
An 11-year-old boy was shot in the Woodlawn neighborhood Tuesday night.
One person was killed and 13 wounded in gun violence over the Christmas holiday, including an 11-year-old boy grazed by a bullet and a man who was shot to death during a dispute in the Englewood neighborhood.
A driver was arrested after trying to run away from a Woodlawn neighborhood crash that killed a pedestrian Tuesday morning.
A man is dead after being shot multiple times Tuesday morning in the South Side Woodlawn neighborhood.
A South Side pastor has completed his cross-country fundraising walk, and has returned to Chicago.
A man was shot and killed Tuesday morning in the Woodlawn neighborhood on the South Side.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Police are warning South Side residents about a gunman who has been going around in a mask inspired by the movie “Scream.” As WBBM Newsradio’s Jackie Swike reports, police say a young […]
A vehicle struck a bicyclist Sunday in the South Side Woodlawn neighborhood.
A man was critically injured in a drive-by shooting in the South Side Woodlawn community Tuesday evening.
The Chicago Housing Authority is taking applications to get on its wait list for sites in three adjacent areas of the city.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Gov. Pat Quinn joined a South Side pastor on Sunday for part of his cross-country walk to raise money for a new community center, as well as awareness about the city’s violence problems.
Violence has become not just a problem for Chicago’s most dangerous areas, but the adjoining neighborhoods as well.
Emergency crews are on the scene of an extra alarm fire Sunday morning in the South Side Woodlawn neighborhood.
Three men were shot near the South Side Woodlawn neighborhood Wednesday afternoon.
A 13-year-old boy died after being shot early Sunday in the South Side Woodlawn neighborhood. police said.
Two men were killed and five people were wounded – including a 17-year-old pregnant girl – in a rash of shootings late Monday and early Tuesday.
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!