Mayor Rahm Emanuel has proposed an ordinance to require contractors hire neighborhood residents for many construction projects funded by the city.
A new survey lists the professions of people who say they need coffee the most to get them going in the morning.
Recovery efforts for Hurricane Isaac on the Gulf Coast have created some job opportunities for residents of Chicagoland.
Peoria-based Caterpillar Inc. has reportedly reached a tentative agreement with machinists at its Joliet plant, who have been on strike for more than three months.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is celebrating an agreement with streets and sanitation workers that could save the city $30 million, and help provide faster response time for tree-trimming requests, rodent control, and graffiti removal.
Workers are going to have to start working like managers, now that they have won a 90-day reprieve for their jobs at a window plant on Goose Island.
More than 100 people who worked at Rolf’s Patisserie are suing the owners of the Lincolnwood bakery following its abrupt closure last month.
Hyatt hotel workers rallied outside company headquarters downtown Wednesday to protest what they see as threats to cut off health care.
The union representing workers at the Park Hyatt Hotel has filed charges with federal labor authorities, after the wintertime heat lamps were turned on during a picket in the midst of the heat wave last week.
Union workers say someone turned on the heat lamps in blazing hot broad daylight Thursday, as they walked a picket line in front of the Park Hyatt Hotel.
Two workers are in the hospital after falling into a hole this morning at the Water Reclamation plant on the city’s Far South Side.
There are tens of thousands of federal employees from various government agencies and departments in Chicago. If there is a government shutdown, a lot of them will be staying home.
UNITE HERE Local 1 and Hilton Worldwide have reached a labor agreement in Chicago covering 1,600 workers at the Drake, Palmer House Hilton, Chicago Hilton and Hilton O’Hare.
Some Chicago workers will be joining the protest in Wisconsin, against Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s plan to strip collective bargaining rights from most public employees.
Many Chicagoans going to work this morning are wondering whether they will be battling the elements tomorrow, or pulling the covers back over their heads and staying home.
Mayoral candidate Gery Chico said Tuesday he’s open to getting rid of the rule that requires city employees to live in the city.
Hundreds of Chicago Transit Authority workers are getting their jobs back after being furloughed for eight months.
Hundreds of Hilton Chicago Hotel workers have begun a three-day strike.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!