World War II
After spending almost 70 years, submerged in Lake Michigan salvage experts pulled an old World War II fighter plane out of the water on Friday.
A sunken World War II Wildcat Fighter has concluded its final fight–45 miles under the water to a safe harbor in Waukegan.
Talk about a G.I. bill. A 98-year-old member of the Greatest Generation is challenging a Chicago water bill of nearly $26,000. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Veterans from the pivotal World War II Battle of Midway took center stage at Midway Airport as the airport marked the 70th anniversary of the battle, after which the airport is named.
Wednesday of this week was a meaningful and historic day for Americans, and President Barack Obama was too busy campaigning and raising reelection funds to properly commemorate the day. Beyond being wrong, it is inexcusable. […]
Ahead of Memorial Day, a World War II veteran from Rockford says what he saw 67 years ago never leaves him.
A new major motion picture from producer George Lucas tells the story of the Tuskegee Airmen, the famed all-black World War II fighter squadron. About 16 of its members now live in Chicago.
The families of military veterans say their loved ones are being pushed out of the VA centers that promised to take care of them. CBS 2′s Dave Savini investigates.
The last time the Chicago Cubs made a trip to Fenway Park, Cubs hitters were trying to figure out ace pitcher Babe Ruth, and baseball’s oldest ballpark was still a new-age novelty.
The Bears and Packers have played each other more than 180 times, it’s football’s longest rivalry, but it’s taken 69 years for them to meet again in the postseason.
An icon of World War II has died at the age of 86.
A World War II plane is back on dry land, after sitting at the bottom of Lake Michigan for nearly 70 years.
Salvage company to try to retrieve a Bird Cage Corsair from the “ideal storage locker” of lake waters.
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.362
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!