Talent is a rare and fickle thing. For even one person in your family to be world-class at anything is unlikely. But for two people who share the same parents to be famous? That’s downright silly. And yet here we are in a world full of Arquettes, Hasselbecks, and Williams. So when two brothers coach teams to the Super Bowl, it makes us wonder: who are the better uber-siblings: the Harbaughs or the Baldwins? Let’s go to the tape:
Tale of the tape
Harbaughs Vs. Baldwins: Which Pair Of Siblings Stand Out?
|Well, considering that John and Jim are headed to the Super Bowl, we'll say them. Also, we don't know if they have any other siblings.||BEST FAMILY MEMBERS||Alec and uh...cripes. Who's number 2? Billy? Stephen? Definitely not Daniel, in any case.|
|Jim and John. Good, healthy, American names.||BETTER NAMES||"(Bleep!) you, that's my name!" And the other name doesn't matter. It could be Aloysius and this one would win.|
|Heavens yes. Poor Frank Gore.||THROWS TEMPER TANTRUMS?||Without a doubt. Poor Alec Baldwin's daughter.|
|Leading the Ravens to the Super Bowl with a joyless Joe Flacco.||NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF THE ARGUABLY LESS FAMOUS BROTHER||Uh, "being intimate" with Cindy Crawford('s body double) in "Fair Game".|
|"Jive turkeys not welcome in the 49ers locker room." - Jim Harbaugh||Famous Quote?||"There are people who would rather choke than go see my movies. They write me letters all the time." - Alec Baldwin|
|Well, one will be a Super Bowl champ next week.||MOST NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENT?||Alec is one of the few bankable SNL hosts, which is almost harder than winning a Super Bowl.|
|Naw...||ONE OF THEM GETS TO HANG OUT WITH TINA FEY?||Yeah!|
The winner is
More Tales of the tape
NCAA Championship Game: #1 Louisville Vs. #4 Michigan
Rick Pitino has been here before, after making his 7th Final Four appearance, he’s now in his third go-round in the title game. He’s got plenty of experience on the big stage and he has the Cardinals playing high level basketball at the right time.
Super Bowl Halftime Show Vs. Neil Diamond: Who Takes The Trophy For Better Entertainment?
For years, both Neil Diamond and the Super Bowl Halftime show have been giving us, let’s say, mild overproduction (read: glitzy, flashy, and potentially unnecessary). So who’s got the edge between these two cheesy industry mainstays?
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.239
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!