By Alex Darcey
Rory McIlroy has been absolutely dominating the golf world, finishing first at the Open Championship and the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational and leading the PGA Championship after day two; he has earned himself the rank of the number one golfer in the world.READ MORE: Chicago Weather: Temperatures In The 70s Return
At the age of 25 his world popularity is skyrocketing which could lead him to be the next Tiger Woods. We hear his name and see him on TV but we don’t know much about this whimsical Northern Ireland golfer who has won three major championships thus far.
So here are 5 things you may not know know about Rory.
5. At the age of 2 he was already hitting 40-yard drives
4. He is a big of the Manchester United Football ClubREAD MORE: Chicago Weather: A Sunny Start Friday
3. He helped his Dad win $171,000 from a $341 bet made back in 2004 that Rory would win the British Open within 10 years.
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there! And to my Dad that inspired me to pick up a golf club! My first idol! pic.twitter.com/5vPqdvPZ2f— Rory McIlroy (@McIlroyRory) June 16, 2013
2. He has a passion for cars and has started a nice collection including a Bentley, Audi RS6, Lamborghini LP560-4 and a Ferrari F430. Sweet collection!
1. At the age of 23 he purchased a $10 million property in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, not bad for his first house in the US.MORE NEWS: Two Women Who Told CBS 2 About Agonizing Waits With IDES Now Have Unemployment Benefits, And Tips If You're Still Waiting https://twitter.com/McIlroyRory/status/335116386802208769