(CBS) Disturbing details have emerged on the incident that led to the Bears cutting defensive lineman Jeremiah Ratliff last week.

Amid a blowup in which he was told to leave Halas Hall multiple times on Oct. 21, Ratliff said “I am the devil” and that he “felt like killing everyone in the building,” according to the Lake Forest Police Department report filed on the incident. Ratliff also threatened that he “wished staff members’ children would die,” the report states.

READ MORE: 2 Class Action Lawsuits Filed Against Rockton's Chemtool Plant

At least one official at Halas Hall warned police that Ratliff may own multiple firearms, the report said.

Ratliff had reported to work in a state of impairment that day, sources told 670 The Score. A statement released by agent Mark Slough said Ratliff had no recollection of the Oct. 21 incident and that he had a “cognitive” issue. It also denied that Ratliff arrived at work impaired.

“Jeremiah has no recollection or memory of saying anything that has been reported in the police report,” Slough said. “Jeremiah is receiving care in Dallas for a football-related medical condition that arose out of the game on the 18th with Detroit. The primary focus right now is on Jeremiah’s cognitive health.

“I would also like to reiterate that the reports that Jeremiah showed up at Halas Hall inebriated are utterly and completely false.”

TMZ first reported details of the incident and obtained audio of a 911 call to the Lake Forest police, who responded that day.

“We had an issue with a player who left pretty upset, came back and then left again upset,” Bears director of security John Tarpey tells the Lake Forest dispatcher. “We’re a little concerned he may come back again, so we’d like to have an officer over here to talk to him about it and see what we can do here.

“I can explain it all to (the officer) when he gets here. It’s kind of a long story.”

READ MORE: With Areas Of Naperville Devastated By Tornado, Neighbors Band Together A Night Later To Help Each Other

The dispatcher then asked Tarpey if Ratliff was out driving around and possibly endangering others.

“He could come back again, I don’t know,” Tarpey said. “I have to worry about 150 people here. He was really upset. And he did come back once, and we asked him to leave. He finally did, but it took a long time and a lot of talking.”

The Bears cut Ratliff a day later, on Oct. 22, with general manager Ryan Pace saying it was “in the best interest of our team” to move on without him.

Bears coach John Fox confirmed Friday that the decision to cut Ratliff was made after the outburst. Fox didn’t know any details about why Ratliff was in a fit of rage.


A four-time Pro Bowl nose tackle, the 34-year-old Ratliff had dealt with nagging injuries throughout the 2015 season. He also missed the first three games of the season because of a suspension stemming from a DWI arrest in 2013.

Read the full police report below.

Police report on Jeremiah Ratliff incident

MORE NEWS: Man Fatally Shot While Working On Car In Front Of His Fernwood Home