CHICAGO (STMW) — A juvenile boy and a man have been charged in the accidental fatal shooting of a 15-year-old boy on Aug. 5.

The boy was charged with one felony count of involuntary manslaughter and one felony count of unlawful possession of a firearm under 18 years of age, according to a statement from Chicago Police. Orlando Gonzalez, 18, of the 2000 block of North Hoyne, was charged with one felony count of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon without a FOID card.

READ MORE: Chicago Radio Sportscaster Les Grobstein Dead At 69

Mario Venegas Jr. suffered a gunshot wound to the head about 1:25 p.m. inside a building in the 2700 block of West Evergreen, according to Chicago Police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

Orlando Gonzalez (Credit: Chicago Police)

Orlando Gonzalez (Credit: Chicago Police)

READ MORE: Family Of Amazon Delivery Driver Killed When Tornado Hit Downstate Warehouse To File Lawsuit

He was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he died at 8:58 a.m. Saturday, authorities said. He lived in 2000 block of West McLean. An autopsy Sunday ruled his death a homicide.

Police said that the boy had been handling the gun, which belonged to Gonzalez, inside the residence when it accidentally discharged. The boy also lived in the same block as the shooting.

Gonzalez’s bond was set at $150,000, and his next court date is scheduled for Aug. 12, according to the Cook County sheriff’s website. Court information for the juvenile boy was not immediately available.

MORE NEWS: 2 Men Shot While Sitting In Car In Humboldt Park

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2016. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)