CHICAGO (CBS) — Police are warning residents about a series of recent armed robberies in the Lincoln Park and Old Town neighborhoods.
In each incident, four males walked up to victims, pulled out a handgun and forcibly demanded property, according to an alert from Chicago Police. When victims didn’t comply with the orders, the robbers threatened to shoot them.READ MORE: One Person Missing, Three Rescued From Lake Michigan In Evanston Amid Dangerous Rip Currents
The robberies happened:
– between 10:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. May 22 in the 2300 block of North Halsted Street;
– about 10:15 p.m. May 22 in the 600 block of West Webster Avenue;
– about 3:35 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of West Dickens Avenue;
– at 10:22 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of West Webster Avenue;
– at 10:48 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of West Belden Avenue;
– at 10:56 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of West Fullerton Parkway; and
– about 4:40 a.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of North Sedgwick Street.
The suspects are described as four black males between the ages of 17 and 20, standing between 5-foot-2 and 6-foot-4 and weighing between 160 and 185 pounds, police said.
Anyone with information should call Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380.MORE NEWS: AMBER Alert Canceled In Indiana For 7-Year-Old Christopher Green Jr. Of Gary, Who Is Believed To Be In Extreme Danger
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2016. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)