CHICAGO (CBS) — Police are warning Northwest Side residents about a series of motor vehicle thefts this month in the Cragin and Belmont Central neighborhoods.
The suspects stole vehicles of varying makes and models, according to a community alert from Chicago Police. Some of the stolen vehicles had been left running with the keys inside.READ MORE: Mother Has Questions After Police Shoot, Kill Man They Say Was Wielding Knife In Englewood
The thefts happened:READ MORE: Chicago Weather: Rain Coming As Work Week Begins
– between 5 p.m. Dec. 7 and 10 a.m. Dec. 9 in the 3100 block of North Lockwood;
– about 8:30 p.m. Dec. 11 in the 2900 block of North Central;
– between 5 p.m. Dec. 12 and 4 a.m. Dec. 13 in the 5500 block of West Drummond;
– between 11 p.m. Dec. 16 and 5 p.m. Dec. 17 in the 5600 block of West Wellington;
– between 7 p.m. Dec. 17 and 12:15 a.m. Dec. 18 in the 5400 block of West Schubert;
– about 1 a.m. Dec. 18 in the 2800 block of North Major;
– about 6:10 a.m. Dec. 19 in the 5200 block of West Nelson;
– about 6:30 a.m. Dec. 19 in the 2900 block of North Monitor;
– about 7 a.m. dec. 19 in the 2700 block of North Marmora; and
– between 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Dec. 23 in the 5800 block of West Wrightwood.
Anyone with information on the thefts should contact Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.MORE NEWS: Farmers Market Vendors Pleased As Open Boulevards Program Kicks Off In Logan Square
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2016. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)