CHICAGO (CBS)– In a press conference Saturday morning, Aurora Police Chief Kristen Ziman identified the five victims who died after gunman Gary Martin, 45, opened fire inside a Henry Pratt manufacturing plant Friday.
According to the Aurora police, the victims include:READ MORE: Chicago Weather: Breezy On Tuesday
• Clayton Parks, of Elgin, Human Resources Manager at Henry Pratt
• Trevor Wehner, of Dekalb, Human Resources Intern at Henry Pratt and student at Northern Illinois University
• Russell Beyer, of Yorkville, Mold Operator at Henry Pratt
• Vicente Juarez, of Oswego, Stock Room Attendant and Fork Lift Operator at Henry PrattREAD MORE: Proposed Laws Would Improve Privacy Protections For Sex Crime Victims In Illinois
• Josh Pinkard, of Oswego, Plant Manager at Henry Pratt
Northern Illinois University President Lisa Freeman released a written statement about student intern Trevor Wehner. She said he was expected to graduate in May with a degree in Human Resource Management. Freeman said Friday was Wehner’s first day as an intern at Henry Pratt.
“Loss like this is devastating and senseless,” she said. “I ask our university community to please keep the Wehner and Parks families, friends and communities in your hearts and offer them caring thoughts.”
A total of 12 people, including the gunman, were shot. The five wounded police officers suffered non life-threatening injuries.
5 crosses now at #AuroraShooting scene. Victims:MORE NEWS: Suburban Man Says Unlike Others, He's Had Plenty Of Contact With IDES -- But It's Been Of No Help
•Clayton Parks of #Elgin, HR manager & @NIUlive grad
•Trevor Wehner of #Dekalb. HR intern & #NIU student
•Russell Beyer of #Yorkville, Mold Operator
•Vicente Juarez of #Oswego, Fork Lift Op
•Josh Pinkard of #Oswego, Plant Mgr pic.twitter.com/LnqWUW2PHn
— LAUREN VICTORY (@LaurenVictory) February 16, 2019