Family Sues South Holland Nursing Home Over Fatal Morphine OverdoseThe family of an elderly woman who died of an overdose of morphine last year has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the nursing home where she lived.
One Of Three Patient Deaths Tied To Holland Home Ruled As Natural CausesThe Cook County Medical Examiner’s office said it has determined 98-year-old Leon Krynicki died primarily due to heart problems. His hospitalization on Feb. 3 might have been due to over-medication, but the medical examiner’s office said the medication did not contribute to his death about one month later.
Source: Assisted Living Facility Tied To Three Deaths Might Have Been UnderstaffedThree employees of a South Holland assisted living facility have been removed from their jobs, after an elderly woman died from an overdose of pain medication. Two other residents who were hospitalized the same day also have died, and understaffing might have been an issue.
Medical Examiner: Deceased Patient Shouldn't Have Had MorphineA pathologist testified Thursday that the man who died under the care of the so called "death angel" at a Woodstock nursing home was intoxicated with a drug that he should have never received.