Suspect Charged In Robbery Of McDonald’s Near Company Headquarters
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
OAK BROOK, Ill. (CBS) — Authorities in Oak Brook have arrested and charged a boy in the robbery of the upscale flagship McDonald’s restaurant near company headquarters.
The boy, 17, has been charged with armed robbery and aggravated robbery in the holdup, which happened around 10:35 p.m. Sunday in the 1100 block of West 22nd Street in Oak Brook. The boy’s name has not been released, since he is under 18.
Police did not specify whether he was charged as a juvenile or an adult.
Several leads drew Oak Brook police to the boy, who is from Bellwood. He was awaiting a bond hearing at the DuPage County Jail as of Friday afternoon.
A second suspect was interviewed, but released, police said. His involvement is under investigation.
A third suspect has also been identified, but not charged, police said.
In the robbery, police said two suspects each pulled handguns, and ordered employees to the ground.
They demanded money from the registers and after they got an undisclosed amount of cash, they fled.
Police had been considering the possibility that the robbers are the same ones who hit the McDonald’s flagship restaurant on Aug. 14, the Daily Herald reported. In that incident, the robbers pulled a long-gun on the cashier at the drive-up window, and made off with cash, the newspaper reported.
That incident was not mentioned in the release from Oak Brook police about the charges in the latest case.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.