Top Chicago Viral Stories Of 2013
Don't Miss This
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
(CBS) If the stories below are any indication, 2013 was a wild year.
Before we turn the calendar to 2014, let’s recount some of the most outrageous stories from Chicago in 2013, in no particular order.
– 18 Human Heads Discovered At O’Hare: A shipment of 18 human heads was intercepted by customs officials at O’Hare International Airport.
– Video Captures Flash Mob Robberies: Unbelievable surveillance video captured flash mobs dashing into store after store and running out with armloads and sometimes entire racks of sporting goods.
– Mayor Emanuel Becomes Emotional Discussing Hadiya Pendleton’s Death: The death of young Chicagoan to urban violence took a toll on the city’s mayor.
– Teacher Dies After Choking On Hot Dog At Wrigley Field: A suburban teacher and avid Cubs fan died following a choking accident while at a Cubs game at Wrigley Field.
– Justin Bieber Walks On Blackhawks’ Indian Head Logo: The Biebs found a new way to anger Chicago sports fans.
– Child Eats Used Condom At McDonald’s: A diner at a Gage Park neighborhood McDonald’s sued the fast food giant, claiming her young child ate a used condom he found in the restaurant’s play area.
– CTA Ventra Roll Out A Disaster: The chairman of the Regional Transportation Authority said the problems with the Ventra fare card system amount to “systemic failure,” not just “a computer glitch.”
– Frustrated Motorists Abandon Cars On Expressway: Traffic to O’Hare was so backed up that people were getting out of cars and walking from the I-190 extension to the airport.