Tampa Bay center Vincent Lecavalier has left the game against Chicago after being accidentally high-sticked in the face by Blackhawks forward Michael Frolik early in the second period.
Lecavalier paused for a minute to shake off the impact, but then skated off the ice without help and went directly to the dressing room. A Lightning official said Lecavalier sustained a cut to the face and wouldn’t return to Sunday night’s game.
Lecavalier gave Tampa Bay a 1-0 lead with a power-play goal at 7:56 of the first period.
Copyright 2011 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and The Associated Press is strictly prohibited.
Featured Sports Sections
Check in to games, connect with your friends and talk smack.
- Share this:
Featured on CBS Chicago
- Share this:
- Aurelio’s Takin’ It To The Edge Contest April 1, 2011
Looking for a good pizza? Listen to Chris Rongey’s Post Game Show every Sunday during the Southsiders’ season for your chance to win a $50 gift certificate to Aurelio’s Pizza.
- The Beggars Pizza Giveaway! April 1, 2011
Don’t Miss the Southsiders’ Post Game Show with Chris Rongey all season long! After each game, one lucky caller will be selected to win a $50 gift certificate to Beggar’s Pizza!
- Menards $1,000 Home Run Contest April 1, 2011
Have you been putting off your home improvement needs? Take action now by heading to your local Menards, where you can pick up all of your supplies and enter the Menards $1,000 Home Run Contest!
- Pepsi Max Chicago Wolves Giveaway March 22, 2011
Score eight Suite Tickets to the Chicago Wolves Game on April 9th and a Chicago Wolves Jersey from Pepsi Max! Zero Calories. Maximum Pepsi Taste.
- The White Sox Season Ticket Giveaway March 21, 2011
Listen to 670 The Score weekdays from 9AM through 10PM from March 21 to April 7. When you hear Hawk Harrelson’s “He Gone,” call the Score’s contest line (312-591-6700 ) for your chance to win White Sox season tickets.
- Share this:
- Shaq Hurt 5 Minutes After Return
Shaquille O’Neal lasted a little more than five minutes in his return for the Boston Celtics on Sunday before limping off the floor with a strained right calf.
- Ozzie: Triple Play Hung Everybody Out To Dry
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen didn’t know what to do except check the TV replay and hope Cleveland had not turned a triple play.
- Marmol Blows Lead, Cubs Fall To Pirates
The Chicago Cubs were left playing catch-up as the Pirates too the early lead. By the sixth inning, the Cubs had taken 4-3 lead. Carlos Marmol gave up two runs in the ninth, giving the Pirates the win.
- D’Backs-Rockies Snowed Out Day After 84-Degree Day
The Colorado Rockies and Arizona Diamondbacks were postponed by a mix of rain and snow Sunday after playing in an unseasonably warm 84 degrees the day before.
- White Sox Struggle As The Tribe Blocks A Sweep
Scoring runs was no trouble for the White Sox as they opened their 2011 season against the Cleveland Indians. Sunday, as the Southsiders were going for a sweep, sending players across home plate was scarce. Chicago’s only run was scored when Paul Konerko singled in the third to send Omar Vizquel across the plate.
- Bobby on Man Parachuting Off High-Rise In Loop Arrested
- Top Posts — WordPress.com on Chicago Residents Report Possible UFO Sighting
- Pat on Dozens Of Southwest Airlines Planes Remain Grounded
- harold Jefferson on Chicago Residents Report Possible UFO Sighting
- Centurion on Gas Prices Expected To Hit $5 By Memorial Day
- Man Parachuting Off High-Rise In Loop Arrested
A far southwest Ottawa man was arrested after parachuting off a skyscraper under under construction early Sunday in the Loop.
- 4 Charged In Tax Return Scam
Four current or former employees of Quick Sam Tax Service in Gary, Ind. were indicted for preparing fraudulent tax returns over the past year.
- Chicago Residents Report Possible UFO Sighting
Some residents on Chicago’s Southwest Side reported seeing what appeared to be UFOs flying over the city Saturday night. Now, the “Unidentified Flying Objects” may have been identified.
- Man Charged After Trying To Lure Girl Into His Car
A Park Forest man has been charged with stalking an 11-year-old Orland Park girl after trying to lure her into his car when she was walking with a 9-year-old friend, police said.
- Boy Dies After Norridge Rollercoaster Accident
A three-year-old Dolton boy was dead on the scene Saturday night when he fell from a children’s roller coaster and was struck by it at a family entertainment center in northwest suburban Norridge.